Ongoing PhD Projects
Overview of Current Dissertations
In the context of ACCELS, there currently are five dissertation projects, in which the PhD students work on different research questions from cognitive and empirical literary studies.
- Teresa Turnbull: Impossible Bodies – Character Bodies and Reader Cognition in Speculative Fiction
- Jessica Jumpertz: The Representation and Negotiation of Highly Intelligent Female Characters from the Nineteenth to the Twenty-First Centuries
- Judith Eckenhoff: Postapocalyptic Storyworlds: Estranging Ecologies in Twenty-First Century Speculative Narratives
- Kathrin Vaßen: Sustainability Storytelling: An Empirical Approach to Sustainability Awareness
- Daria Baryshnikova, Narration and Formal Experimentation in Cut-Ups: Cognitive Approaches and the Study of Fragmented Minds